Sunday, September 16, 2012

Thing 3: Blogs.

Blogs can be a fantastic resource in the classroom. A teacher can get many different ideas about a wide range of topics from blogs, and the coolest part is the blogs are from around the world! I will probably use blogs during teaching as a resource for new activities, or possibly classroom management. Another idea for blogs is setting up a classroom blog which allows the parents or students to log on and see what's happening in the classroom throughput the year, and it also creates a way for parents to contact the teacher. I think blogs are an excellent resource and definitely should be used by teachers.

2 comments:

  1. I did not think about how you can communicate with other teachers around the world. There are so many different ideas you could get from other people. Also, teachers play a big role in how well elementary students perform in the classroom. If their parents don't care or don't know what is going on in their child's classroom, they could keep up with it through blogs. They could keep their child updated on what is being taught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about setting up a blog for your students and teachers. I stated in my blog that it would be a great idea because they could also communicate with the other parents as well as the teacher.

    ReplyDelete