Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thing 4: Comments.

Commenting on other people's blogs is very important. It creates a sense of community, even when the people are in different cities, states, even countries. Commenting allows other people to add on to the original idea and tell about their experience with it. When commenting, users need to be respectful and write something meaningful.


For thing 4, I commented on Amanda Blankenship's thing 3 post, Amelia Downs' thing 3 post, Vanessa Green's thing 12 post, Derek Cooke's thing 12 post, and Tammy Cruz's thing 1 post. I choose to comment on Amanda's post because I thought she had some really good ideas for using a blog in the classroom. I thought Amelia had really good ideas as well. Vanessa and Derek pointed out some of the great features Google has to offer. Vanessa talked about Google calendar and Derek talked about several of the features, including the calendar, documents, and iGoogle. I thought Tammy's post was very well written. She mentioned that she had a hard time viewing problems as challenges, as do I, so I thought her post would be a good one to comment on.

Outside of the class, I decided to comment on View Along the Way, where Kelly documents her and her husband's journey to redoing their new home. I've been a long time reader of this blog, and she is absolutely hilarious! I decided to comment on Kelly's post How to Clean a Paint Roller: the Quick & Each {Kinda Messy} Way. If you paint and always have trouble cleaning the paint roller, I would definitely check out her post!  The second blog I commented on outside of the class is Chocolate Therapy, where Sarah blogs about her love of food and post mostly recipes. I thought mini cake batter cinnamon buns sounded good, so that's what I choose to comment on. I might attempt to make them over fall break!

No comments:

Post a Comment