Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thing 7: Flickr.

Mother and baby elephants - Kenya

Elephants are one of my favorite animals and that's what I choose to look for while exploring flickr. I do have a flickr account and use it on a regular basis; however, I've never really explored the website, besides how to upload photos, so I choose to do option one. My experience using the flickr explore area was good. I found the site very easy to navigate, and I found this picture using the map feature. I thought the map feature was very cool, and using it in a classroom would be excellent. It displays a map of the world, and the user is able to search a specific area of the world, and they are also able to narrow down the subject of the photos within that area. When I did my search I typed "elephants" in the the search for box and "Africa" in the taken in box. It was very simple. Everything I searched for on flickr came up with a bunch of different results, so using this in the classroom would be beneficial for the children, because they would be able to see different views or ideas of the same object, place, event, or person.

No comments:

Post a Comment