Friday, November 2, 2012

Thing 15: Wiki.

The concept of wikis is very neat. I love the fact that when many people are collaborating on a project, one person can edit something and everybody instantly see the update, without one person emailing, calling or texting everyone else. And not only can the editors see it, other people who aren't a part of the project can see it - which is what makes it more awesome. However, in an educational setting, teachers and students must be aware of wikis when doing research. Contrary to popular belief , not everything on the internet is true (no worries, I'm not one of these people!). Students, especially younger ones, don't understand that people can just go onto the internet and edit the wikis. While I believe that wikis serve a great purpose and are fantastic to use, it isn't the best resource for an educational purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment