Friday, November 30, 2012

Thing 19: More Social Networks.

I am a member of several online communities, including Flickr, GoodReads, Youtube, and more. Social networking plays a big part in education today, so I think it is important for teachers to become a member of online communities.

The social networking site that appealed to me was Open Source Food. It's a website where you can browse, share, and create recipes. I have recently found a new love for cooking and I'm constantly looking for new recipes, which is why this site caught my eye.

I definitely think GoodReads is a great site. It would be helpful when trying to pick books to discuss in class (and for personal use as well). TeacherPop seems like a great website to be connected with other teachers for discussions. I think I'll keep that one bookmarked in my new delicious account!

No comments:

Post a Comment