Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thing 16: Getting Organized.

I choose to make an iGoogle homepage. My widgets include the weather, date/time, gmail, youtube, celebs by Hollywood Access, CNN, and Comedy Central's joke of the day. I like iGoogle because everything is, like, right there. It is very convenient when I'm running late or just want to check something really quick.

Because I've already talked about Google calender and all of it's freaking awesome features, I decided to explore a different calendar: 30 Boxes. I really like that there is an option to display the weather. Adding events is pretty easy and self explanatory. Unlike Google calendar, you cannot have different calendars within the main calendar, which is some I use all the time. And there isn't many personalization options. In the end, I think I'll stick to Google calendar.

The other resource I tried out was Remember the Milk, an online to-do list. If you know me personally, I live by lists, because I'm pretty sure I have the worst memory ever. I have a list for everything: when things are due at school, craft ideas {I'm a pinterest junkie!}, a to do list, my weekly exercise routine... it just goes on and on! I really really really like the fact that there is a website AND apps for every product I own. That way I always have the lists, which like my calendar, I pretty much depend on.

Teachers can use these resources, plus the others listed on the APSU 23 Things blog, to help keep organized, and keep up with assignments, due dates, and to do lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment