Friday, November 30, 2012

Thing 18: Social Networking.


Everyone and their mother has a facebook or twitter these days, but they are useful. Getting straight to the point, I don't like twitter - not trying to step on people's toes, but I just don't see the point. I was required to make an account for another class, and  immediately deleted it when the class was over, and I really don't want to make another one, therefore I decided to explore facebook. The link to my profile is at the top, and please don't get too excited because it's nothing special (although I think my cover photo is fabulous!). And for the real stuff:

Social networking sites are a great communication tool for teachers. A teacher can create a classroom profile on facebook or twitter and keep the parents and students updated on news. They can post important dates, birthdays, homework, field trips, and even pictures (with the parents' consent of course). 



No comments:

Post a Comment