Friday, November 30, 2012

Thing 17: Delicious.

I have previously used social bookmarking sites and I think they're fantastic. I have only used Delicious a few times back in high school during a technology class. And all I had to do was use my teacher's account to find a website. The one I use at home is stumbleupon, which is great! I've been using it for at least three years, maybe more; and I have a ton of sites bookmarked on it (now that I think about it, I should probably go through those...).

Social bookmarking sites would be extremely helpful for teachers. Every site they bookmark can be reached from anywhere - it doesn't matter where they are or what computer they are using. While on delicious, I searched 'educational technology' and the link I choose to explore was HowStuffWorks. This website is awesome! It has a ton of resources for figuring out, well, just how stuff works. Anyway, back to delicious: their website is very easy to navigate. It is very easy to add new bookmarks and bookmark something found in the search engine. I think teachers would find social bookmarking very useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment